IN Elementary school, i always despised reading only because i used to think it was a waste of time. I've always wondered what was so great about reading books, i wondered how a person could pluck a book from the bookshelf, plop down onto the couch, and begin to read? Now i know. Now i can proudly say that i am one of those people. Now in seventh grade, my reading skills and vocabulary increased tenfold. I could tell you what Anticimactic is or what a vibe is. Now my life has always been revolved around vocabulary ever since i was a baby. or so i was told.
My vocabulary skills are more than proficient. But then again, it's hard to say. My cerebellum just fused together. (hahahaha, i don't get it...) I always have a book in my bag, or in the car, and another at home so entertainment awaits around me. I was given 300 text messages in Feburary this past year and i never understood what rotflolqmrtz stood for or NIT. i always spelt things out in my text messages or instead of lol, i just put hahaha. I still hear people around campus who goes."Hahaha. OMG!" or "BRB M BFF." OMG, IDK wat They Sd.
Whenever i see an unknown word, i try to remember it so i can figure it out impromptly. I don't really think of it as a priority but when i'm on the computer and the word magicaly appears as if by white magic. (n00bing) i look it up. Also, when i converse with my friends, i tend to use these more advanced words and after, i just watch them tilt their heads in confusion as they try to analyze and find out what that word meant. "never mind the best story in the world, what the heck does disbanded mean?". I then have to repeat myself in simpler terms. I've learned to use this technique more in conversations so people may understand me and the unused world are released from memoy and all of existance. Nyahahahaha.
Scrabble sucks. Ever heard of Quip Qubes? that sucks also. oh, i'm sorry. i meant Scrabble is hateful. I always have a word in mind however i never get to use the word only because all 4 U's are on the board or My mom has the Q, etc. Even so, i still learn more from the game every time i play it. i never knew Zygote was even a word until my mom scored 100 points with the Z on the triple letter and also on the triple word.
Hi Joseph,
ReplyDeleteand congratulations to your mom...triple letter and triple word...pretty good...
Here's my question...what's noobing?
And I agree that you've got an extensive vocabulary...so what changed you from a non-reader to a voracious one? If you have the answer to that one, bottle it, sell it, and you'll be rich!!!! mwahahahahaha...
mrs s
umm... to reply to the Questions, N00bing is geeking out on a certain item, mostly something that takes away your life such as games, computer, yugioh cards, anime, etc. (i'm like a level 1 noob.) (spend SOME time on the computer and games) (not alot) (just barely)
ReplyDeleteand the second question is when i started to change perspective. Here's a sample. I was in the car and i saw the Lightning thief on he floor. (book) i wanted to read the intro but my mom's bookmark came out. i felt bad but she was so far into the book and she only started the day before so i started reading it and it was a wonderful book. If you want the rest (even though i told you everything,) it's $9.99 + tax. I'm not making a good business out of empty bottles though.